Date(s) - 11/06/2019
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
O'Connor / Pilkington Rooms
Library Lecture 2: Tuesday 11 June: The Challenge of Secularism : Staying Strong in a Post-Christian Society with Barney Zwartz
- What secularists want – to remove religion from the public square and make it a private matter – and why this is dangerous.
- The growth of Identity politics and its spread in the public arena.
- Some thoughts on the Israel Folau case.
- Has Christianity, as secularists increasingly allege, been a malign force in Australia?
- How Christians can respond positively, rather than retreating into the bunker.
Please book using trybooking and pay via credit card, or using the form below.
The dates for the other 2019 Library Lectures are:
3. Tuesday 27 August: An Introduction to Bookbinding by members of the Victorian Bookbinders’ Guild.
4. Tuesday 22 October: An Evening of Talks on Icons
These are held in the O’Connor/Pilkington Rooms from 7pm – 9pm.
214 Richardson Street, Middle Park.
More details on each closer to the event.
Bookings are closed for this event.